Guineafowl Adventure Company is guiding a 3-Day / 2-Night Pemi Loop where we will stay in AMC-managed tent sites by night, and hike the entirety of the Pemi Loop over the course of three days!
50% deposit upon booking / 50% due the week of the trek
The Pemi Loop is known as one of the most beautiful and rigorous hikes in the country, with miles of breathtaking above-treeline ridge hiking, unforgettable views of the White Mountain National Forest, and of course the satisfying achievement of summiting ten of New Hampshire’s famous 4,000-footers all in a single adventure!
This trek is for experienced hikers who want to push their limits and challenge themselves to some serious distance and elevation gain! We have structured the hike so that our first day is our longest, and the distance and difficulty ramps down as we progress, offering more time to relax and explore some spur trails as well in the second two days of our journey!
Day 1: Lincoln Woods to Garfield Ridge
Start your day at the famous Lincoln Woods trailhead and cross the suspension bridge over the Pemigewasset River – and you are on your way! This first day spans 13 miles of terrain, where you will summit Mt. Flume, Mt. Liberty, Little Haystack Mountain, Mt. Lincoln, Mt. Lafayette and Mt. Garfield! This is an incredible day of above-treeline hiking as over 3 miles of your time is spent on Franconia Ridge where you’ll enjoy 360 degree views of the entire White Mountain National Forest! Spend the night at the Garfield Ridge Tent Site under the stars and get the well-deserved, blissful sleep your body will be craving!
Day 2: Garfield Ridge to the Guyot Tent Site
Today’s hike can span anywhere from 7.4 to 10.6 miles depending on how many extra mountains you want to explore! We will leave our tent site atop Garfield Ridge and make our way to the AMC Galehead Hut, where you can top off water, purchase bakery items, coffee (yes!!) and other snacks if so desired (bring cash). From Galehead Hut, there is an optional out-and-back to summit Galehead Mountain, and then it’s on to the toughest climb of the Pemi Loop, the climb up to South Twin Mountain! After summitting South Twin, there is an optional 2.6 mile out-and-back to North Twin as well! The final leg of day 2 ascends Guyot and then makes our way down to the Guyot Tent site nestled in the woods between Guyot and the Bonds. There is also an option to ditch your bag here and go out-and-back to summit West Bond as well – or this can be done in the morning on your way out of the campsite.
Day 3: Guyot Tent Site back to Lincoln Woods
On the final day of our trek we get one of the best views in the entire White Mountain National Forest – the magnificent view off of Bondcliff! There is nothing like it, believe us, and the effort it takes to get here makes it all the more memorable! We will hike over 10 miles today to wrap up our adventure, however, the vast majority of this distance is gradually downhill and flat as we descend below treeline for our last time after taking in Bondcliff and cross meandering streams and ultimately follow the old train trusses back to Lincoln Woods. The downhill hiking will be relaxing and the pace on the flat terrain out to Lincoln Woods can be taken as quickly or slowly as your body wants after two intense days of above treeline exploring!
What is included in your trip:
Up until two weeks to the trip, full refund less any cancellation fees applied by the AMC as part of their own refund policy for hut reservation cancellations. If cancellation is required inside of two weeks prior to our hike, we will refund 80% of the total trip cost, less any cancellation fees applied by the AMC Refund Policy. If Guineafowl can fill the cancellation, we will refund the remaining 20% of the total cost. If no replacement can be found, Guineafowl will keep the 20% balance as a cancellation fee.
Guineafowl hikes rain or shine! Be prepared for inclement weather while hiking in the White Mountains. If it is determined that the weather will be dangerously inclement, we will do all in our power to reschedule our event to avoid dangerous weather. If dangerous weather is unavoidable and our reschedule date will not work for your schedule, a full refund will be given.